2013-07-17

Barefoot in Odessa

Barefoot in Odessa

17.07.13

 

Sometimes you're just walking down the street and 'twang', there goes your shoe...and it has to be said that walking barefoot in Odessa - or indeed in any city - gets you some curious looks.

So I hitched a ride from the Film Festival back into town and found myself realising that if there's ever a city I could leave my heart in, it's this one. I've never felt so surrounded by such wonderful architecture, such kindness or by such gentle, sincere and genuinely funny people.

Odessa, if I were wearing a hat I would raise it to you.

Saw two very different and fascinating films: last night 'The Best Offer' & this afternoon the Ukrainian film Paradjanov. Film festivals are great!

Anyway, off to explore & buy flip flops before tonight's gig...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment